Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Frank Palangi

ONLYROCKRADIO.COM
  1. What's your name? - Frank Palangi
  2. Where are you from? Upstate NY
  3. Tell us how your journey has been from your beginnings until now.
  4. BACKGROUND: In the start of the decade, fate crossed paths at a local night club (Upstate Concert Hall), running into Grammy Nominated singer Josh Brown (Day Of Fire, Full Devil Jacket) on tour. "I was a bit nervous handing my demo over to Josh being he is one of my biggest influences for singers. I remember him walking by the merch table and me standing there with my dad and turning around and him saying did you need somethin?" Josh must of heard the raw potential and drive Frank had and played it to catch the ear of his Nashville producer, Rogers Masson (Vintage Trouble, Marylin Manson). After receiving a surpising phone call 3 days later, plans were well on their way for Palangi to travel to Nashville TN to record his 1st 5 song EP 2011 in music mecca. Masson states, “This is the baddest rhythm section in the land (Day Of Fire), and along with the vocal guidance from Josh Brown, Frank’s songs are going to turn out amazing." Frank says "The first EP I was blessed with the experience working with all the members of the band and Rogers pushing me to see the industry side of the way the business works. I felt a platform to stand on and drove me to pursue new opportunities from breaking into national shows, press, steady gigs, internet and local radio play." 

    After releasing his debut EP, it grew into two new self released EP's (I Am Ready, Set Me Free) plus 5th year anniversary acoustic versions currently. I Am Ready was produced by Rob Coates (David Archuleta , Rich Redmond, Mark Wills), receiving an LA Music Awards Nomination and coverage in Guitar World Magazine, Revolver Magazine, Front page on Music Now Magazine, Young Celebrity News, Middle TN Music and others. "I remember emailing Coates after hearing his work seeing what he'd think about working together. It was different from the first recording experience in that I was recording parts myself and working digitally back and forth instead of being in person. It's amazin how all of these people on the project can work together without ever meeting. Working with musicians from the band "Pillar - drummer Lester Estelle (Kelly Clarkson), guitarist Noah Henson (Brantley Gilbert), and others was another experience where it pushed me to learn and adopt." 

    "Frank is an amazing young artist with a very clear and focused direction... Frank knows who he is! A killer singer and guitar player, Frank Palangi is an artist to watch out for!" – Brian Craddock (Daughtry) 

    When time came for his third installment EP 5 years later all of the playing shows, writing songs, recording demo material, producing local artists, voice overs, acting kept Palangi busy. "One day a fan of mine messaged me and said hey I got VIP tickets for a special 60 person acoustic performance by Daughtry, do you want to go? I thought it would so cool to meet and see another one of my influences. Chris Daughty toured with Day Of Fire in the beginning of his career and I handed a CD like with Josh Brown off to Chris that day. It was his guitarist Brian Craddock that was standing in the alley waiting for his limo and I went over and struck up a conversation. He mentioned he produced artists at the Cat Room Recording Studio and would listen to the music and get back to me. Feeling like I went full circle, I had the same feeling and reaction of him messaging me soon after and then blessed to be planning out the 1st single Break These Chains he also produced. "With being inspired from the studio work on the previous projects, he dipped his hat mixing and producing the rest of the songs on "Set Me Free EP". Mastered by Brad Blackwood (Three Days Grace, Korn) and Robert Venable (Twenty One Pilots, Megadeth). The single won 2 Akademia Music Awards and finished in as the Unsigned Only Finalist with 2 brand new music videos debuting on VEVO with a local NY's Time Warner Cable TV network commercial and Local NY TV performances on Fox23 News, News Channel 13 (NY), LookTV, Plattsburgh Studio B TV, Crandall Library, Prospect School/Center of Disabilities Telethon. Local newspaper features: The Albany Times Union, Saratoga Spotlight News, The Chronicle, The Poststar, Metroland locally winning of the "BEST IN THE REGION" awards for (Best Acoustic Solo). 
  5. Tell us about your musical style, influences, ...
  6. Influenced by bands from the 80's (Metallica, Ozzy, Def Leppard, Megadeth), 90's (Creed, Godsmack), 2000's (Daughtry, Three Days Grace, Nickelback, Day Of Fire)
  7. What has been your last project?
  8. Set Me Free EP that came out in Oct. 2017
  9. And the next thing you have planned?
  10. Mostly local shows - writing new material - maybe a new single or new music video for the end of the year.
  11. Upcoming concerts, events ....
  12.  - https://www.bandsintown.com/a/1064458 - All of my shows are listed here
  13. Links of interest
  14. http://www.frankpalangi.com   https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/set-me-free-ep/id1265870023
  15. What's else?

No comments:

Post a Comment