Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Mr John

ONLYROCKRADIO.COM
  1. What's your name?
    Mr John
  2. Where are you from?
    Edinburgh, Scotland
  3. Tell us how your journey has been from your beginnings until now.
    I formed a one-off band with musician friends on my birthday a few years back, we called ourselves "MEOW" and dressed up as comic book characters.  After the show we decided it was so much fun that we would keep going, the drummer runs a studio so we always had somewhere to jam.  As time went on, I ended up managing each band member's other projects and formed a record label for them, called "Infinite Hive".  Various members of bands, or friends chip in to help arrange gigs, do artwork or shoot videos for the artists on the label, it's like a creative hub.
  4. Tell us about your musical style, influences, ...
    I try not to stay in one category, but we've released mostly rock music by dudes, just because that's who I started off working with.  As time went by, the record I've put out have been post-rock, skate-punk, folk, blues, hardcore industrial electronica.  It depends who I am working with, I would love to put out some Grime or records created by female artists, I don't like things being one-dimensional.
  5. What has been your last project?
    We just released "Unhappy Disgusting World" by anonymous digital artist "Shadrak".  Industrial techno metal produced on a Playstation 2.  I love it, but it'll probably scare a lot of people.  Good.
  6. And the next thing you have planned?
    Matthew Mcghie, who plays with "Three Days From Retirement" is releasing his own solo acoustic EP.  It's a nice collection of folky songs in the vein of Neil Young, we never knew how good his voice was until this record popped up, it was a lovely surprise.
  7. Upcoming concerts, events ....
    Wow. How long have you got?   Matthew has two shows in one day here in Edinburgh on Saturday 17th March for his new record, RumRunners and Devil's Beeftub are doing a gig for their new records the week after and we also host Post-Rock gigs at various venues in Edinburgh, so we can build that scene.  Go to "InfiniteHive.com" and click "events" - the next six months of my life are in there. More to come.  There's always more.
  8. Links of interest
    www.InfiniteHive.com  It's all in there - top banner has links to my Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or you can go to "Bands" to check out each individual band or artist. Please do, they're all amazing.
  9. What else?
    I get emails/messages from bands asking about gigs, label support etc. all the time, that's fine, but if they could include more info, links to their music, a biography, more detail about their band, location and history on their Facebook etc.  that would be great.  There was a weird phase in 2016 where I got dozens of requests from Christian Rock bands in the space of a month, I don't know why.  I'm not averse to that sort of thing, I just can't pin down where I was being advertised as a service for that type of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment