Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Get Calibrated

ONLYROCKRADIO.COM
  1. What's your name?
I am Get Calibrated. 
  1. Where are you from?
Way out in the sticks of Appalachia, US. 
  1. Tell us how your journey has been from your beginnings until now.
I started making music at 6. Learned from country roots and my very small church with a piano. I believe that is why I live harmonies so much. 
  1. Tell us about your musical style, influences, ...
I grew up listening to a lot of what I call “real” country music. George Jones, Conway Twitty, Tammy Wynette. I have seen them all perform multiple times. As a youngster I watched Conway perform while sitting in Minnie Pearl’s lap. 



As a teen I found Van Halen, Vai, Satriani, Johnson and all the 80’s bands. They all influenced my approach to electric guitar. In my 20’s I played bars and coffee houses 4 nights a week and had a short lived run with a southern rock band. Drugs and alcohol were never in my scope of things to be around. So I focused on Bible study and followed Christ - as I do now. This is why the first GetCalibrated record is instrumental by and large.

  1. What has been your last project?
GetCalibrated. 
  1. And the next thing you have planned?
GetCalibrated2 is in the writing and demo stages right as of this interview. 
  1. Upcoming concerts, events ....
I have no real interest in performing live due to the environment that exists - dive bars and county fairs. I’d rather play for churches so I can tell my journey. 

  1. Links of interest

Video for Decisions

Video for Little Gifts



  1. What's else?
Available at Amazon, iTunes, google play, tidal, Spotify, SoundCloud and all major internet outlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment