Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Ismail Safak

ONLYROCKRADIO.COM
  1. What's your name?
  2. Where are you from?
  3. Tell us how your journey has been from your beginnings until now.
  4. Tell us about your musical style, influences, ...
  5. What has been your last project?
  6. And the next thing you have planned?
  7. Upcoming concerts, events ....
  8. Links of interest
  9. What's else?
1.My name is Ismail Safak.
 2.I’m from Turkey.

 3.I always loved to listen to music since my childhood. After watching the movie Gladiator, the soundtrack/music of the film impressed me so much and an interest started inside me in the soundtracks and trailer/game scores because the music was very impressive for me. I started to listen to Hans Zimmer and all other soundtrack composers such as Clint Mansell, Saki Kaskas, Two Steps From Hell and all other similar musicans and thus my journey to music started. When I came to 2013, I started to compose my own music and I liked it very much because it was a great way of expressing myself and my feelings. Altough I didn’t have any musical education, I was composing music by using any virtual instrument I wanted and it was really a very interesting and satisfactory experience for me. Then I started a Facebook page with the name of Sentiment Music and started to upload my videos there. It drew a big interest and the number of the page fans reached up to 5K in a very short time. I received so beautiful and encouraging comments about the music I made which made me contiune. In the meantime, I was continuing to compose and the number of the songs exceeded 25 when I started to search the ways to make an album. I learned so many new things about music, publishing, copyrights, monetizing, sync licensing etc. in that period. After a long period of preperation, I released my first album “Escape” which consists of 24 tracks. My album can be found in iTunes, Amazon, Spotify and all major music stores. I continue to compose what I feel since then.

4.I think I’m making cinematic instrumental music or a kind of symphonic music which can be used as soundtracks in films and listened to while resting, working, gaming, studying etc. Actually  some call it Epic Music in YouTube but I don’t care whatever it’s because I make what I feel and I think I have a little bit my own style. I like to use multi instruments and melodies going at the same time layer by layer and to hear each single instrument and melody while listening to the track. My main influences are Hans Zimmer, Clint Mansell, Saki Kaskas, Two Steps from Hell and some other artists or bands who make mainly soundtracks and epic music as it’s called in YouTube.
 5.My last project was the release of my album “Escape”. I haven’t released a new album or single after it altough I continue to compose.
 6.The next thing I have planned is probably releasing a new album consisting of my new songs but I think I need some more time for it. Now I concentrated on sync licensing since one of my biggest dreams is to hear one of my songs in a movie one day.
 7.No upcoming concerts or events for now.

 8. Links of interest:
9.Making music and sharing it with people makes me so happy and peaceful. I feel that, at least, I’m trying to use the talents that God gave me and doing a good thing to humanity and life. Life is beautiful with music.

No comments:

Post a Comment