Monday, March 12, 2018

Lee Rice


  1. What's your name?
  2. Where are you from?
  3. Tell us how your journey has been from your beginnings until now.
  4. Tell us about your musical style, influences, ...
  5. What has been your last project?
  6. And the next thing you have planned?
  7. Upcoming concerts, events ....
  8. Links of interest
  9. What's else?
My name is Lee Rice, and I'm from North Wales, UK. 
My journey, especially these last 6 years, has been an epic, but also, a very rewarding challenge. 
When I left university, on a music performance degree, I decided to go it alone. I volunteered across Europe for nearly 2 years, with a plan. The plan was to develop my guitar playing, and writing, to become a travelling street musician. 
I figured this would combine my 2 main passions, travel, and music. 
As the next 4 years continued, it is fair to say that I found a lot more than I could have bargained for. 
I've now played in 445 places, in 30 countries. Somehow, I'm still going!
It's been crazy, with many challenges, which led to a lot of inspiration. 
The next plan is to record my work, mainly on the road, with several albums planned. I'm also working on a book about the journey. 
Currently I'm touring Norway, and next is Denmark, Holland, and then I will see. Maybe the UK and Ireland, then back to Norway. 

I'm not sure how to describe my music style. There is no doubt that I've been most heavily influenced, by the artists that have inspired me the most. In particular Pink Floyd, is in absolute first place. Bob Dylan, Neil Diamond, Tracy Chapman, David Bowie, Brendan Perry, Ray Lamontagne, and way too many more to mention. 
My current project,  the next album recorded, is now complete. It's called "Change our Minds", and I'm just waiting on the final production. It will be released across all digital networks, around the end of March. 
I will continue my journey, and then record the next album "Before it's too Late" in Gdansk, Poland, some time in April. 
I usually play 5 or 6 days a week, for around 3 hours per day. So, nearly everyday is pretty much a concert. 

Thanks again 

Lee 

No comments:

Post a Comment