Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Steve Bello

WWW.ONLYROCKRADIO.COM

What's your name?
--Steve Bello Where are you from?
North Arlington, NJ but live in Ramsey, NJ now

Tell us how your journey has been from your beginnings until now.
I originally wasn't serious about guitar when I started at the age of 9. When I saw footage of Jimi Hendrix burning his Strat, as well as Ritchie Blackmore on MTV, I had to be a guitarist for life. Played in a bunch of local bands, covers and originals. Turned professional in 1988 and after many years of searching for bands, I unintentionally started one (sounds weird but true). I've been doing instrumental music since 2003 with my first cd TWISTED METAL, and just released my 7th album MARBLEHEAD on May 15, 2018

Tell us about your musical style, influences, ...
As a kid, before I touched a guitar, I was into Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Queen, Kiss...typical 70s stuff. Got into heavy metal when I was 12 and that was "my" music. My guitar influences were Hendrix, Blackmore, as well as Yngwie Malmsteen, Steve Vai, Vernon Reid, Uli Jon Roth. On the non-metal side, I got into John McLaughlin, Al DiMeola, Prince, Eliot Fisk. My musical style is something I call "progmetalfunk", basically if Living Colour and Steve Vai crashed a Pantera show.

What has been your last project?
I released my newest cd MARBLEHEAD and that's been keeping me busy, between doing promotions for it and selling copies as well
And the next thing you have planned?
I hope to get a lot of big shows, maybe do a small tour if the funds and demand is there. Upcoming concerts, events ....

So far, July 21st at Roxy & Dukes Roadhouse in Dunellen, NJ. Will be playing the entire MARBLEHEAD album from top to bottom.

Links of interest

What's else?
Just wanted to say thanks to all my friends, fans, and family for putting up with me for so many years. Also thanks to my endorsers: Ibanez, GHS Strings, Spectraflex, Orange Amps, Digitech, Morley, Swiss Picks, Lock-It Straps, Checkered Pedals, and Metal-Shop Pedal Boards

No comments:

Post a Comment